At Trevor Day School, we aim to recruit and maintain the highest caliber of faculty and staff—practitioners who are committed to academic and personal excellence, and who embody the mission, vision, and values of the school.
We are eager to work with and learn from those who:
- drive academic excellence through inquiry-based teaching;
- design curriculum that promotes enduring understanding and lifelong inquiry;
- drive true engagement by placing students at the center of the learning experience;
- examine and articulate definitions of inclusivity and diversity and its importance to our community;
- embrace meaningful integration of technology in the classroom;
- understand that teaching and learning often transcends the classroom;
- build collaborative relationships with students that are based in trust and mutual respect;
- and believe that collaboration and thinking across disciplines is essential for an energized and purposeful classroom dynamic.
Professional Development & Opportunities for Growth
At Trevor, we seek faculty who are passionate about their field of expertise and the craft of teaching, as well as lifelong learners. In order to consistently advance innovation in instruction and facilitate faculty growth, the school has extensive professional development opportunities including:
trainings by consultants and facilitators for the entire faculty or smaller workgroups;
collaboration with colleges and universities in course development;
- teacher-led workshops on inquiry-based learning;
- professional learning communities;
individual or group attendance at a wide range of conferences run by respected professional organizations;
summer grants for new curriculum development and study in field of focus;
and tuition reimbursement for faculty members seeking advanced degrees.
Head of School