FAQ: About the AfterSchool and Music Conservatory Programs:
1. What grades can participate in the Music Conservatory?
Our Conservatory starts in Kindergarten and runs through grade 12. All lessons are private, and we offer every instrument. The students can take 30-minute, 45-minute, or hour-long lessons. They will also have the chance to perform in our Music Conservatory Recitals throughout the year.
2. If my child’s music lesson starts at a later time, where does my child wait?
All students registered for the Conservatory can stay in AfterSchool Core at no additional cost. Students in 2nd-5th grade can do their homework as well.
3. Can my child take a class and have a music lesson on the same day?
YES! However, you will be charged for the lesson and the class. If the child is in music and Core, you will only get charged for the music lesson.
4. What time does the AfterSchool program end daily?
We run until 6:30 pm every day.
5. What happens if I can't get my child when their afterschool class or music lesson is over?
The kids can go to Core at no extra charge. Core is included in your daily AfterSchool or music lesson fee.
6. What happens if I don't make it by 6:30 pm?
You will be charged a flat rate of $25.00 (financial aid does not apply to the late fees)
7. What is Core?
I have had a lot of families who are asking me about our AfterSchool Core program. Core is our general choice time and play part of the program. Some of the kids actually prefer Core to a class, because it is like a playdate for the kids with opportunities to play and interact in a relaxed atmosphere. Core activities are available on a daily basis and include arts and crafts, dramatic play, Legos, creative movement, sports, and organized games.
8. How often do you serve snack?
We serve snack 3 times during Afterschool. Once when they arrive at 3:00 pm, then at 4:30 pm, and again at 6:00 pm.
9. How many days do students usually attend afterschool?
It is depends on each family. We have some students that attend 5 days a week and other students who attend 2 or 3 days a week.
10. If I need my child to attend afterschool for emergency childcare can I do that?
Yes, if you need childcare on a day when your child is not regularly scheduled, then please email me and the teacher to let us know of the change. We also offer emergency childcare even if your children are not registered in our program!
11. Why is Trevor's AfterSchool Program so great?
Children have the opportunity to interact with the students in other homerooms and develop new friendships. Some of the children also get to know some of our older students forming big brother/sister relationships. Plus, we offer a wide variety of classes to meet all your child’s needs and interests. There is no need to hire a babysitter when you have our Encore Program!